Meropenem/vaborbactam (Vaborem®) is indicated for the treatment of the following infections in adults:
- Complicated urinary tract infection (cUTI), including pyelonephritis
- Complicated intra-abdominal infection (cIAI)
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP), including ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP).
- Treatment of patients with bacteraemia that occurs in association with, or is suspected to be associated with, any of the infections listed above.
- Vaborem® is also indicated for the treatment of infections due to aerobic Gram-negative organisms in adults with limited treatment options.
|NCPE Assessment Process||Complete|
|Rapid review commissioned||17/02/2020|
|Rapid review completed||02/04/2020|
|Rapid Review outcome||A full HTA is recommended to assess the clinical effectiveness and cost effectiveness of meropenem-vaborbactam compared with the current standard of care, on the basis of the proposed price relative to currently available therapies.*|
*This recommendation should be considered while also having regard to the criteria specified in the Health (Pricing and Supply of Medical Goods Act) 2013.