For the treatment of the following infections in adults:
- Complicated urinary tract infection (cUTI), including pyelonephritis
- Complicated intra-abdominal infection (cIAI)
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP), including ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP).
- Treatment of patients with bacteraemia that occurs in association with, or is suspected to be associated with, any of the infections listed above.
- Vaborem® is also indicated for the treatment of infections due to aerobic Gram-negative organisms in adults with limited treatment options.
|Assessment Status||Rapid Review Complete|
|Indication||Is indicated for the treatment of the above infections in adults.|
|Rapid review commissioned||17/02/2020|
|Rapid review completed||02/04/2020|
|Rapid review outcome||A full HTA is recommended to assess the clinical effectiveness and cost effectiveness of meropenem-vaborbactam compared with the current standard of care, on the basis of the proposed price relative to currently available therapies.*|
*This recommendation should be considered while also having regard to the criteria specified in the Health (Pricing and Supply of Medical Goods Act) 2013.
The HSE has approved reimbursement following confidential price negotiations February 2021.